Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Boys day out

After watching a tutorial by Christin Gronnslett I decided to try my hand at layering and although it does not look as pro as hers,  I do think it is a fair start.
The photo is of Dave after a morning ride in the Katberg mountains, which you can see behind him in the photo.

I used the May 1 Stuck sketch for inspiration and tried to use some of the colours in the photo in my paper layers as well as a "stone" type paper to fit in with the gravel tracks .
I am also entering in the Friday challenge at Frosted Designs which asks for stars and stripes in your entry.
Hope you like it.



12 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy- I love this layout and the colours used. Such fun elements used. What are the 3D dots? Paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there I made them with a Viva pen , saw a tutorial on pinterest!

      Delete
    2. Hi there I made them with a Viva pen , saw a tutorial on pinterest!

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic you did a great job with your layers, love the colour sand accents too! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you--- it's great that we can learn sooo much from the net, I reckon....love the little turned in corners.....fab funky colours for the photo, too:):))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! Love the colors and papers that you used. Great addition with the sandy looking paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layers. I love that you are dabbling in splatters too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the layering, Wendy!!! Lovely start to experimenting with layering!! Great page!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic page, love the distressed edges. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! love the colros and the cheerful feeling. Thank you for playing with us at STuck?! and congrats on winning the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  9. striking, rich, arty and oozing with magic .. love this x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fabulous photo! The textured, gravely paper on the background is perfect. You did a great job with the layering and I like those cards! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, all are read and appreciated xxx